Linear rotary actuator with brushless motor
SMAC Moving Coil Actuators has released the LBR40 is a slim, stackable linear rotary actuator with a SMAC HT35 direct drive brushless motor. The LBR provides a long life cycle, high linear force, and rotary torque. Encoder resolutions are available from 5 micron to 1um for application flexibility to optimize on position control. It’s priced competitively with the added benefit of real time feedback of data required to assure quality. IP67 protection is available as well as a built-in controller with popular communication protocols.
- Linear stroke: 50mm
- Encoder resolution: 5µm standard, 1µm optional
- Peak force: 100N @ 48VDC, 2.5A
- Force constant: 40N/A
- Moving mass: 0.9kg
- Total mass: 7.2kg
- Motor type: HT35 brushless
- Peak torque: 0.45Nm
- Torque constant: 0.12N/A
- Rotary encoder resolution: 2,000CPR standard, 24,000CPR optional
- Max. Speed output shaft: 2,100rpm (non-vacuum
- Gear: 4:1 or 16:1
- Vacuum and spring available
- Plating: Cerakote, clear standard, consult factory for other colors
- Connectivity: 26pin D-sub-standard, M12 connectors optional for industrial applications
- Built-in controller (VLC-25)
- IP67 protection for wash down
SMAC Moving Coil Actuators is primarily known for their precision actuators with unique capabilities such as programmable and controllable position, velocity, and force, high accelerations, cycle life well over 100M, and a patent-pending Soft-Land capability for handling delicate parts, performing fragile part assembly, measurement, etc.
SMAC actuators incorporate programmable speeds, positions and forces with data feedback. This makes them ideal for a wide range of positioning, measuring, and inspection applications, particularly where 100% verification is required.