Shallow depth-of-cut drill
Dover, Ohio – Allied Machine & Engineering’s 4TEX drill is ideal for making shallow 2xD, 3xD, and 4xD holes in the 12mm to 47mm (0.472” to 1.850”) range. The 4TEX drill’s single effective cutting edge provides higher penetration rates than standard twist drills for light duty machines.
The center coolant outlet was eliminated to increase the drill’s core strength in this design, resulting in improved hole size and straightness. Instead, twisted coolant outlets were added to improve hole straightness and penetration rates by enhancing coolant flow and superior chip evacuation. Insert geometries for standard ISO material categories improve hole quality and penetration rate, while eliminating issues from chips wrapping the tool.
4TEX inserts are 4-sided, lowering customers’ cost per hole. The unique insert shape improves surface finish, hole diameter, and hole straightness by providing a superior balanced cut compared to ISO inserts. Drills will be stocked in both imperial and metric shanks with standard fractional diameters, as well as every ½mm diameter up to 26mm and every 1mm up to 47mm.
How optimistic are you for growth in 2019?
- It's going to be a great year (higher than 10% earnings increase expected)
- The economy is still pointing in the right direction (5% to 10% earnings growth)
- Growth is slowing, but we should still grow (1% to 5% growth)
- We've plateaued (no growth or minimal increase or decreases expected)
- We peaked in 2018 (earnings to decline 1% to 5%)
- Things will get much worse (earnings to decline 5% to 10%)
- We're hitting a new recession (greater than 10% earnings declines)