Ottawa, Ontario – ShapeGrabber, a pioneer in the development of 3D scanners for industrial measurement and inspection, announced the availability of its most accurate scanhead to date. The SG46 scanhead delivers noticeable accuracy improvements over the SG42 it is replacing, with a scanning speed gain of up to 10 times. It also provides a larger sensing range and greater stability in temperature variations.
The new scanhead design features these enhancements:
- Greater accuracy and tolerance to temperature changes
- Up to 10x faster scanning speed than its predecessor, the SG42
- Variable field of view in addition to depth of field
- Larger dynamic sensing range to scan a wider range of part types and surface finishes
- Positive lock mounting mechanism for ease of installation and switching with SG156, as well as greater precision
- Backwards-compatible with most existing ShapeGrabber scanners