Additive manufacturing machine
The ORLAS Creator industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) machine from OR Laser ensures smooth operation and increased build speeds that produce parts up to 30% faster than equivalent systems. Moreover, parts produced on the ORLAS Creator offer resolution comparable with higher spec machines on the market.
The ORLAS Creator uses an open cartridge materials handling system. OR LASER has also worked hard on developing the right operating ecosystem for the ORLAS Creator, with sophisticated software and interface developments. This means that no third-party software is required to run the machine and eliminates additional costs of running. In fact, OR Laser intentionally minimizes dependence on third parties across its operations — the company is not a machine integrator, but rather a machine producer with more than 80% of the hardware produced in house as well.
Highlights of the ORLAS Creator include:
- A unique circular build-platform design enables up to 30% faster production speeds compared with comparable platforms. These speeds are facilitated by a proprietary, rotation-led precision coater blade
- OR Laser’s solutions allow clients to individually customize key process parameters provided by the open platform strategy and comprehensive software suite developed in-house and negating the need for third-party software
- Tablet based remote control and monitoring of multiple machines enables the active monitoring of key process parameters from any location
- OR Laser is uniquely positioned as the only specialized laser company to offer clients a comprehensive additive manufacturing solution that incorporates in-house developed software, innovative hardware and remote process control
- The ORLAS Creator is a system for additive manufacturing of a wide range of metal products providing the quickest-ever route from product concept to market launch; metal designs can be realized in only a few hours without the investment of tooling; ORLAS Creator allows tool-free manufacturing of high-quality metal parts directly from CAD data
- 250W fiber laser provides exceptional beam quality and power stability, ensuring optimum and consistent processing conditions in order to produce the highest quality parts