Aurora, Illinois – Mitutoyo America Corp. has released its HR-530 Series of Rockwell hardness testers, including the HR-530 (maximum specimen size height: 250mm; depth: 150mm) and the HR-530L (maximum specimen size height: 395mm; depth 150mm).
The series features a unique electronic control giving it capabilities for Rockwell, Rockwell Superficial, Rockwell testing of plastics (A & B) and Light Force Brinell hardness testing.
- Inside ring hardness testing: Test hardness of an inside ring wall without cutting the ring (all models). Minimum diameter is 34mm, but IDs as small as 22mm can be tested using the optional 5mm diamond indenter.
- Display with color touchscreen: A color touchscreen displays results of statistical calculations and graphic functions, which can be stored as text data. The touch-panel display can be mounted on top of the tester to save space. Functions include:
- Direct hardness scale selection: The required hardness scale can be selected with the touch panel. The initial test force and loading force are automatically set in accordance with the selected scale
- Curved surface compensation and measurement: The curved-surface function enables curved surfaces, including round bars and spheres to be tested for hardness as easily as flat surfaces
- Statistical analysis: The touch screen provides statistical calculation of the maximum value, minimum value, mean value and standard deviation when analyzing multi-point test results
- Graphic display of statistical calculation results and X-R control charts: Numeric display of statistical analysis results, including maximum and minimum values mean value and graphic display of X-R control charts and histograms required for hardness evaluation
- Measurement with a nose-indenter shaft: Nose-type indenter enables measurement on a flat top surface of a specimen and the inside surface of a cylindrical specimen
- Continuous measurement function: When testing multiple workpieces with the same height continuous testing is possible by pressing the foot switch or the start button